Cluj, Romania | Job Posted 20/03/2020
About the team:
Thomsons’ Software Engineering team is a globally distributed one with offices in London, Cluj and Singapore, with the biggest located in Cluj, composed of +35 engineers, from Junior to Senior and Architects.
We work in an Agile environment, constantly up to date with the market needs and newest technologies in order to build a high performance and scalable product, supporting a fast and continuously growing global SaaS business.
The role and your mission:
- Interpret business requirements;
- Perform coding to written Agile stories with unit tests adhering to coding standards and guidelines;
- Implement presentation logic and user interface to pixel-perfect design requirements on all supported browsers;
- Ability to follow and implement architectural designs for new features;
- Investigate, analyse and resolve reported defects through code enhancements with unit tests;
- Assist with deployment of release code to Live environment;
- Assist other team members with resolution of reported defects;
- Provide assistance and guidance to other team members with development of features and enhancements and in particular on presentation logic, tools and best practices.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Academic background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field;
- 2+ years of experience in software development (web and server side applications);
- Knowledge/experience of C# .Net family including experience or knowledge of WCF;
- ASP.NET, MVC expertise;
- OOP knowledge;
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices;
- Knowledge of database design, T-SQL operations;
- Ability to code software according to written standards and design guidelines;
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Romanian and English;
- Ability to work well within a team;
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package;
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in UK and Singapore;
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients.