Role Location: London, UK
Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Software Engineering Team!
About the team:
The Technology department as a whole stretches across the UK, Romania and Singapore. Our technology drives our business and so our software engineering department is of extreme importance to the success of our company and our clients. We are looking for a passionate, talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our diverse, driven and fun team.
Your mission will be:
- Designing, developing and maintaining our Darwin™ software platform
- Ensuring you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective
- Tracking the progress you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicating it to your team and management
- Providing guidance and insight on development techniques and methodologies
- Coaching and mentoring team members
What skills and values you will bring:
- Solid commercial experience in large scale application development
- Extensive full stack development experience, using C# and .Net technologies
- Designing and developing systems that are maintainable, scalable, extensible, reliable and secure
- Leading teams and projects
- Working in multi-disciplined teams including Quality Engineers, Business Analysts and UX designers
- Object-Oriented Programming (SOLID) fundamentals
- Common design patterns
- Debugging and general problem solving
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) fundamentals
- Agile development methodology along with full software development life cycle experience
- Proactive communication and cross-group collaboration
- Web performance, accessibility and security
- HTTP(S) and other common communication protocols
- RESTful APIs
- C# .Net
- HTML & CSS
- Angular 2.0 and above
- Web API
- Basic concept of relational and non-relational databases (e.g. SQL, MongoDB)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
Desired experience in:
- LESS or SASS
- Experience in UI testing tools framework
- Source Control (Git, TFS)
Our “PINK” benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?